|Maine State Senate, District 23|
|December 1, 2010 - present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||4|
|President of the Maine State Senate|
|2014 - present|
|Senate Minority Leader, Maine State Senate|
|2012 - 2014|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Maine House of Representatives|
|2006 - 2010|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, TB Equipment|
Thibodeau served in the Maine House of Representatives, representing District 42 from 2006 to 2010.
Thibodeau's professional experience includes working as the owner and operator of TB Equipment.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Thibodeau served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Thibodeau served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Thibodeau served on these committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Utilities and Energy|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Jonathan Fulford was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 23 incumbent Michael Thibodeau was unopposed in the Republican primary. Thibodeau defeated Fulford in the general election.
|Maine State Senate District 11, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michael Thibodeau Incumbent||48.8%||9,109|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Michael Thibodeau Incumbent||53.6%||10,747|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
|Maine State Senate, District 23|
|Michael Thibodeau (R)||9,365||53%|
|John Piotti (D)||7,903||45%|
In the June 8th primary election, Thibodeau ran unopposed.
|Maine State Senate, District 23 - Republican Primary (2010)|
Michael Thibodeau raised $13,282 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 42|
|Michael Thibodeau (R)||2,445|
|Seth Yentes (D)||2,242|
Comprehensive donor information for Thibodeau is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Thibodeau raised a total of $94,715 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Michael Thibodeau's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 23||$12,681|
|2010||Maine State Senate, District 23||$60,661|
|2008||Maine State House, District 23||$13,282|
|2006||Maine State House, District 23||$8,091|
|Grand Total Raised||$94,715|
2012Thibodeau won re-election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Thibodeau raised a total of $12,681.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michael Thibodeau's campaign in 2012|
|Thibodeau, Michael D||$5|
|Total Raised in 2012||$12,681|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Thibodeau raised $60,661 in contributions.
His largest contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $59,161 to his campaign.
In 2008, Michael Thibodeau collected $13,282 in donations.
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Michael and his wife, Stacy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Michael + Thibodeau + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Michael Thibodeau on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election Tabulations," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Thibodeau, Michael," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Thibodeau, Michael," accessed September 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Carol Weston (R)
|Maine State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|
|Maine House of Representatives District 42
| Succeeded by|
Peter Rioux (R)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |