|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Wager's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I support federal farm programs, including more affordable crop insurance, to protect our farmers and rural economies from harsh economic cycles. In addition, I support funding for conservation and biofuels."
Campaign Finance Reform
- Excerpt: "The broader solution is public funding of elections, thereby removing outside money from the system entirely. Citizens United makes this much more unlikely."
Energy and Climate Change
- Excerpt: "The science of climate change requires us to seek changes in our national strategy and comprehensive energy legislation to address this issue. We must balance environmental protection with economic stability and growth."
- Excerpt: "The cost of healthcare in the United States is far too high for individuals, families, employees and employers. I believe that we must provide affordable and accessible healthcare for all Americans. Moreover, medical decisions must remain in the hands of patients and their physicians, not insurance companies or the government."
Infrastructure Investment and Rebuilding
- Excerpt: "I have spent much of my career involved in matters of infrastructure investment and finance. We must invest in job-creating projects to address the deterioration of our roads, bridges, ports and water and sewer system. I believe that this is the most effective way to stimulate our economy and, at the same time, meet critical domestic demands and national security needs."
Wager ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Ohio's 14th District. Wager ran unopposed for the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014. Wager was then defeated by incumbent David Joyce (R) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Ohio District 14 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||David Joyce Incumbent||63.3%||135,736|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State|
|Michael Wager (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$97,499.00||$131,097.00||$(53,743.00)||$97,499.00|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$174,303.00||$144,883.00||$(111,161.00)||$204,800.00|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$204,800.00||$186,109.00||$(63,551.00)||$327,358.00|
|Year-End Quarterly||December 31, 2013||$327,358.00||$97,244.00||$(76,756.00)||$347,645.00|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$347,645.81||$191,282.78||$(52,955.49)||$485,973.10|
Michael and his wife Peggy have four daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + Wager + Ohio + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Ohio's 14th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Ohio's 14th Congressional District
- Cleveland.com, "Attorney Michael Wager to seek 14th District congressional seat," accessed April 23, 2013
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed November 3, 2013
- Associated Press, "Ohio Primary Election Results," accessed May 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager Summary Report," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager April Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager July Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager October Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager Year-End Quarterly," accessed February 7, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Michael Wager April Quarterly," accessed May 13, 2014
- Michael Wager for Congress, "About," accessed April 23, 2013