Michael White (Arizona)
Arizona State Senate, District 12
White earned his A.A. in Political Science from Central Arizona College, his B.A. in Economics from the University of Arizona and his M.A. in Secondary Education from Chapman University. White is a teacher of Economics/Government for the Peoria Unified School District. He also coaches Track and Field/Cross Country.
White's website highlighted the following themes:
- Excerpt: "In this state, parents are not granted the right to simply choose where they would like to send their child to school. We are tied to arbitrary district boundaries in order to “balance and make equitable” the number of children in each school."
- Excerpt: "The only fair tax is a tax on somebody else. The real question is what is fair? Governments, no matter the size, simply wish to spend more of your money. This is clear in the state of Arizona as the long stretched hand of the government digs further and further into our wallets."
- Gun Laws
- Excerpt: "Libertarians, like so many Arizonan’s want to be able to walk the streets and live in their homes safely and securely. We also uphold a strict interpretation of the Constitution and the rights that protect our ability to possess guns."
- Excerpt: "We must keep our corporate tax rates competitive with other states in our union as well as staying competitive globally."
- Civil Liberties
- Excerpt: "Too often our state and federal governments have impeded on our civil liberties. From medical privacy to financial privacy, even in the privacy of our own homes, the government has stuck its nose deeper and deeper."
- Excerpt: "There are solutions that can alleviate shortages in labor and avoid “amnesty” that provide pathways out of the underground economy. We must abide by our laws and prosecute those that violate those laws. "
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 12 General Election (2010)|
|John Nelson (R)||41,379|
|Tyler Kissell (D)||27,559|
|Michael White (L)||3,769|