|U.S. House, California, District 42|
|Associate's||Ranch Santiago College (Santa Ana College), 1991|
|J.D.||William Howard Taft University, 2004|
|Birthday||April 30, 1959|
|Place of birth||Pontiac, MI|
Williamson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- National Security
- Excerpt: "Government's most fundamental responsibility is to protect its citizens. After serving twenty six years on the front lines of law enforcement with the Los Angeles Police Department, I understand the tremendous threat to our future."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "Border security and national security are closely linked and America's survival is dependent on securing our border."
- Excerpt: "Our taxes are too high because Congress spends too much, and what they do spend is often wasted by the bureaucracy. I support a strict limit on how fast government can grow. If we limit non-national security spending growth to a rate that is no greater than inflation, we can balance the budget and protect the long-term fiscal health of our country."
- Excerpt: "One of the greatest problems facing many families is the cost of health care. I oppose efforts to socialize our medical system – I don't want some federal bureaucrat in Washington telling families what is best for them. "
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I believe the 2nd Amendment is clear and that government should pass no law that restricts the right of any law-abiding citizen to purchase, own and legally use firearms. "
Williamson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 42nd District. He and District 44 incumbent Ken Calvert (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Cliff Smith (D), Eva Johnson (R), Clayton Thibodeau (R), and Curt Novak (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012 general election and Calvert won.
|U.S. House, California District 42 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ken Calvert Incumbent||60.6%||130,245|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
No campaign donor information available.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michael + Williamson + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- Open Secrets, "Summary: California's 42nd Congressional District 2012" accessed May 1, 2013