Michaelle C. Solages
|New York State Assembly District 22|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$172/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Solages served on the following committees:
|New York Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs and Protection|
|• Governmental Employees|
|• Libraries and Education Technology|
|• Racing and Wagering|
|• Social Services|
Solages' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Job Creation & Economic Development
- Excerpt: "My top legislative priority has been getting Nassau County residents back to work. During my first term in the Assembly, I have helped to create incentives for the private sector to create jobs. We're already seeing our efforts pay off with new jobs being created in New York, including Nassau County. More work needs to be done, and I am ready to do it. I stand committed to doing what it takes to help revive our economy and maintain economic development."
- Excerpt: "New York is among the highest taxed states in the nation and this will continue unless we halt our ever-increasing state tax rate. Instead of paying the government more money with each budget cycle, corporations and small businesses could use that money instead to provide salaries and benefits to their workers and new hires. Freezing taxes and giving businesses the break they need to recover from this tough economy is they key to achieving tax relief."
- Excerpt: "As a graduate of the public school system, education is extremely important to me. We need a strong educational system that will allow our students to excel in the arts and sciences. New York families want better quality education, lower education costs, and more after school programs for our children. During my time in the Assembly, I have worked with many schools in the district to better understand their needs. I will continue to work closely with our schools to help increase parental involvement to make sure they obtain the support they deserve. Finally, I will continue to work to reduce student/teacher ratios and promote excellence in our schools."
Criminal Justice and Crime Prevention
- Excerpt: "During my tenure in the Assembly, I fought to speed up our criminal justice system and to make it more effective, efficient, and fair. I firmly supported measures to fight fraud, corruption, and the abuse of our elderly. I helped to restore funding for domestic violence programs and drug enforcement. I recognize the effectiveness of organized programs in combating the evils of drugs in our community and I will work to expand programs in the district. Most importantly, I will continue to work closely with local officials to provide funding to police to protect our streets from crime."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Michaelle C. Solages was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Gonald Moncion was unopposed in the Republican primary. Solages ran on the Working Families Party, Women's Equality Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets and Moncion ran on the Conservative Party ticket. Solages defeates Moncion in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 22 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Michaelle C. Solages Incumbent||59.6%||15,977|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Solages ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 22. Solages defeated Milagros Vicente and Patricia M. Maher in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. She defeated Sean Wright in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 22, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michaelle C. Solages||64.7%||30,205|
Comprehensive donor information for Michaelle Solages is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Michaelle Solages raised a total of $99,302 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Michaelle Solages's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New York State Assembly, District 22||$99,302|
|Grand Total Raised||$99,302|
2012Michaelle Solages won election to the New York State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Michaelle Solages raised a total of $99,302.
|New York State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Michaelle C. Solages's campaign in 2012|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$8,200|
|New York State United Teachers||$8,200|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$4,100|
|Service Employees Local 32Bj||$4,100|
|Solages Jr, Philippe||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$99,302|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 200th New York State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 9 to December 31. In 2014, the 200th New York State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 8 to June 19, 2014.
- Conservative Party of New York State: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- EPL/Environmental Advocates: 2013 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes of bills that benefit or harm the environment.
- EPL/Environmental Advocates: 2014 Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes of bills that benefit or harm the environment.
- National Federation of Independent Business in New York: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
In 2014, Solages' endorsements include the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michaelle + Solages + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New York State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Michaelle C. Solages on Facebook
- Michaelle C. Solages on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Michaelle Solages' campaign website, "Issues," accessed October 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Solages, Michaelle" accessed September 24, 2013
- State Scape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 16, 2014
- Michaelle Solages' campaign website, "Endorsements," accessed October 8, 2014
Grace Meng (D)
|New York Assembly District 22
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |