|Nevada State Assembly, District 4|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Birthday||July 29, 1970|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, New York|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fiore served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Fiore's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
As your Assemblywoman, Michele’s priorities are to:
- Excerpt: "Restore lower taxes and create pro-growth economic policies."
- Excerpt: "Eliminate laws that hinder economic recovery."
- Excerpt: "Limit the damaging effects of state regulations upon the private sector."
- Excerpt: "Improve financial transparency of government entities."
- Excerpt: "Defend our Second Amendment rights."
- Excerpt: "Encourage job creation by tying new jobs to tax incentives."
- Excerpt: "Ensure that taxpayers get the most for each dollar spent on education."
- Excerpt: "Put patients and their doctors in control of medical decisions."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Michele Fiore defeated Melissa Laughter in the Republican primary, while Jeff Hinton defeated John-Nicholas White in the Democratic primary. Fiore defeated Hinton in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly District 4, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Michele Fiore Incumbent||62.4%||9,090|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 4 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 4 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Michele Fiore Incumbent||79.1%||2,150|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Fiore ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 4. Fiore ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and defeated Kenneth Evans and Jonathan Hansen in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Independent American||Jonathan Hansen||4.5%||1,219|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Citizen Outreach: Ratings for the 2013 Nevada Legislature
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills dealing with government regulations, taxes/fees and individual liberty. Citizen Outreach selected 22 Assembly bills and 32 Senate bills to analyze for its scorecard.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Nevada Policy Research Institute: The 2013 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their voting record concerning economic freedom and education reform.
- Nevada Conservation League: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada: Facing Race – 2013 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity
- Legislators are scored on their votes on education equity, economic equity, health equity and civil rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michele + Fiore + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Michele Fiore on Facebook
- Michele Fiore on Twitter
- Fiore for Nevada, "The Issues," accessed October 19, 2012
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
- Nevada State Legislature, "Session Information," accessed July 3, 2014
Richard McArthur (R)
|Nevada State Assembly District 4
| Succeeded by|