|Alaska House of Representatives District 20|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas at Austin|
|Associate's||Bard College at Simon's Rock|
Scannell stated the following about her political philosophy in a biographical submission to Ballotpedia:
"Government may not be the solution to all our problems, but it is the solution to some of them. Whenever I am faced with a problem, I first have to decide if I should take action or not. It can be difficult and humbling to admit that sometimes doing nothing is the best course of action. As your state representative, I will be faced with having to make this decision constantly and I pray I will have the strength of character and fortitude to recognize when a problem can’t be legislated away and accept that reality. Not all problems can be solved with legislation. Most can be solved through other venues and routes. Government has to be smarter with how it conducts its business: I will work hard to make that happen on behalf of District 20."
Scannell ran in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 20. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Scannell was defeated in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mia Costello Incumbent||70.6%||5,134|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Michelle + Scannell + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- [Ballotpedia Bio Submission, June 24, 2012]
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Election Division, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed November 16, 2012