Michigan Conservation Funds Amendment, Proposal 1 (2006)
|I • II • III • IV • V • VI • VII • VIII • IX • X • XI • XII • Schedule|
Proposal 1, according to the House Fiscal Agency, would:
- Create a Conservation and Recreation Legacy Fund within the Constitution and establish existing conservation and recreation accounts as components of the fund.
- Use current funding sources and other revenues to fund the accounts
- Establish the Game and Fish Protection Fund and the Nongame Fish & Wildlife Fund within the Constitution
- Holds that funds can only be used for specific purposes related to conservation and recreation and cannot be used for any purpose other than those intended.
|Proposal 1 (Conservation Funds)|
Official results via: The Michigan Secretary of the State
The joint resolution grew out of concern that DNR funds would be used as a temporary measure to resolve Michigan's budget shortfalls. The amendment was written to prevent access to the funds for this use.
Because funds are only be moved around and not increased or decreased there would be no fiscal impact on the state.
- The Mackinac Center for Public Policy came out with an article endorsing the measure.
- State Sen. Gilda Jacobs
- State Sen. Nancy Cassis
- The fees are intended for the use of the DNR and should be used for their original intent
- The users expect these fees to go towards funding the DNR and its services
- The ability of the Legislature and Governor to respond to state budget crises is compromised by the ballot.
Below is information on the amount of funds raised for Proposal 1:
|Michigan Boating Industries Association||$10,000|
|Michigan United Conservations Club||$5,000|
|Michigan Snowmobile Association||$5,000|
|Michigan Marine MFG Association||$2,500|
- 2006 ballot measures
- Michigan 2006 Ballot Measures
- List of Michigan ballot measures
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Fiscal Agency, Proposal 1 Language
- 2006 Official Election Results via the Michigan Secretary of the State
- Michigan House Fiscal Agency, Analysis of Proposals on the Ballot November 7, 2006
- Michigan House Fiscal Agency, https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://www.house.michigan.gov/hfa/PDFs/Ballot%20Prop1_%202006.pdf
- Prop 1: The Forgotten Proposal, The Mackinac Center, Oct. 20, 2006
- Proposal 1 would protect DNR funds, Oakland Press, Oct. 30, 2006 (dead link)
- National Institute on Money in State Politics, "PROPOSAL 06-1: CITIZENS SUPPORTING PROPOSAL 06-1," accessed August 27, 2009
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |