Michigan Lieutenant Gubernatorial election, 2014
August 5, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Michigan is one of 14 states that uses an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary. The attorney general and secretary of state did not appear on the primary ballot, and the gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial positions did not have contested primaries in 2014.
Note: Incumbent Brian Calley did not face a primary election on August 5, 2014, but a formal challenge will be presented by Wes Nakagiri at the state Republican convention on August 23, 2014.
U.S. Taxpayers Party candidate Richard Mendoza
Candace R. Caveny
Brian Calley's re-election bid in 2014 depends on the results of precinct delegate elections held during the statewide primary on August 5, 2014. He faces a challenge from Wes Nakagiri in the August 23 state Republican convention, and needs enough precinct delegates to hold off the challenge. Gov. Rick Snyder has announced his desire to see Calley join him on the ticket, but party rules dictate that the convention's delegates will select nominees rather than the general public. Eleven employees from the governor's and lieutenant governor's offices sought delegate seats in the primary. There was also an influx of money from the Michigan Advocacy Trust, which distributed mailers supporting pro-Calley candidates in Clinton County
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michigan + lieutenant + governor + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lieutenant Governor of Michigan
- Michigan state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Michigan Lieutenant Governor
- U.S. Taxpayers Party of Michigan announces 2014 candidates
- Michigan Green Party announces candidates
- Michigan Libertarians nominate candidates at state convention
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Filing Requirements for Secretary of State and Attorney General: 2014 Election Cycle," accessed August 5, 2014
- WoodTV, "Nakagiri submits signatures to run against Calley," accessed May 5, 2014
- MLive.com, "Michigan 2014 Primary: Snyder staffers run for precinct posts with Calley nomination on the line," August 4, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |