Middleton-Cross Plains Exceed Revenue Limits Referendum (2009)
The district retained Bray Architects in June of 2008 to "provide programming, referendum support, architectural / engineering, and interior design services for the District's proposed building projects."
This measure is one of three on the April 7 ballot in the Middleton-Cross Plains School District. The others are Middleton-Cross Plains School District Bond (2009) and Middleton-Cross Plains School District Referendum (2009).
Total: $1,975,000 per year
The estimated tax impact on a $300,000 property would turn out differently according to what measures might pass.
- Option 1: New elementary school at the Pope Farm site — $195
- Option 1a: New elementary school and renovate Kromrey Middle School — $315
- Option 2: New middle school at Pope Farm site — $261
- Option 3: New elementary and middle school at Pope Farm site: $417
Wording of referendum
Resolution Authorizing the School District Budget to Exceed Revenue Limit by $1,975,000 for Recurring Purposes Be it resolved by the School Board of Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, Dane County, Wisconsin, that the revenues included in the School District budget be authorized to exceed the revenue limit specified in Section 121.91, Wisconsin Statutes, by $550,000 per year for the 2009-2010 school year and thereafter for recurring purposes consisting of funding the acquisition of instructional materials and instructional technology and by an additional $1,425,000 per year for the 2010-2011 school year and thereafter for recurring purposes consisting of operating expenses of a new elementary school and other facilities to be constructed by the District.
- Middleton-Cross Plains School District website
- A Community Conversation regarding referenda from the school district
- Referenda information from the school district
- Referendum Questions Adopted
- Bray Hired By Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Referendum Database
- Wisconsin Heights referendum passes; Middleton-Cross Plains' defeated, Wisconsin State Journal, April 8, 2009
- Middleton-Cross Plains weighs school options, Wisconsin State Journal, November 21, 2008