|Massachusetts State Senate, Third Middlesex District|
|January 5, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts State Senate|
|1987 - 1994|
|J.D.||Northeastern University School of Law|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barrett served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities Joint, Chair|
|• Health Care Financing Joint|
|• Labor and Workforce Development Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Public Service Joint|
|• State Administration and Regulatory Oversight Joint|
|• Veterans and Federal Affairs Joint|
Barrett won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Third Middlesex District. He defeated Alexander Buck, Mara Dolan, Joe Kearns Goodwin, and Joseph Mullin in the Democratic primary on September 6 and defeated Sandra Martinez (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Third Middlesex District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts State Senate, Third Middlesex District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Joe Kearns Goodwin||32.8%||4,819|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Barrett and his wife have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Barrett + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mike Barrett on Twitter
- ↑ Barrettforstatesenate.org "About Mike," Accessed August 14, 2012
- ↑ 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 26, 2012
- ↑ 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," Accessed September 7, 2012
- ↑ Biography from Project Vote Smart
Susan Fargo (D)
|Massachusetts State Senate Third Middlesex
| Succeeded by|