|North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance|
|Bachelor's||High Point University|
|Associate's||Wake Tech; UNC-Charlotte|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate for North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance
in the 2012 elections
- MBA studies, High Point University
- BS, Business Administration, High Point University
- AAS, Civil Engineering, Wake Tech: Environmental Engineering, UNC-Charlotte
- Executive Management Certificate, Purdue University
- CLU Studies, The American College
- See also: North Carolina down ballot state executive elections, 2012
Causey ran for North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance in 2012. He faced James McCall and Richard Morgan in the Republican primary on May 8. Since no candidate won 40% of the vote, the top two vote-getters, Morgan and Causey, went head-to-head in a primary runoff on July 17. Causey won the runoff and lost to incumbent Wayne Goodwin, who was unopposed in the Democratic primary, in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina Commissioner of Insurance General Election, 2012
||Wayne Goodwin Incumbent
|| Mike Causey
|Election Results via NC State Board of Elections.
Of his campaign, Causey stated, "As a veteran and former Military Policeman (MP), lam a strong supporter of law enforcement and the military. My 30 years experience in the insurance business, along with my engineering and business education, legislative experience and small business ownership, make me uniquely qualified to lead the insurance department from day one."
The official North Carolina State Board of Elections voting guide listed the following endorsements:
- Lauch Faircloth, Clinton, NC
- Fred Preyer, Greensboro, NC
- Gayle Drummond, Kitty Hawk, NC
- Jane Rouse, Emerald Isle, NC
- Vernon Hill, Atlantic Beach, NC
Causey lost the election to the position of North Carolina Insurance Commissioner in 2012. During that election cycle, Causey raised a total of $120,176.
|North Carolina Insurance Commissioner 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Causey's campaign in 2012|
|Charlotte E Hobbs||$4,225|
|Arthur (Art) James Pope||$4,000
|Total Raised in 2012
|Source:Follow the Money