|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 45B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Freiberg served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Government Operations, Vice-chair|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
Freiberg's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "If elected, my first priority will be not only paying back our schools, but increasing investment in education at every level."
- Excerpt: "I support a balanced and progressive approach to tax policy that will ease the burden on the middle class while making the upper class pay their fair share."
- Excerpt: "I strongly support marriage equality, and I oppose the amendment that will be on the ballot that would define marriage as between one man and one woman."
Freiberg won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 45B. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Reid Johnson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 45B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Freiberg is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Freiberg raised a total of $25,790 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Mike Freiberg's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 45B||$25,790|
|Grand Total Raised||$25,790|
2012Freiberg won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Freiberg raised a total of $25,790.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mike Freiberg's campaign in 2012|
|45th Senate District DFL c/o Pam Scaia||$1,225|
|Minneapolis Federation of Teachers Local 59||$500|
|Electrical Workers Local 292||$500|
|American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,790|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Freiberg + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "mikefreiberg," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Freiberg, Mike." Retrieved July 17, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
Lyndon Carlson (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 45B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |