|Missouri State Senate District 6|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Birthday||January 17, 1962|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, MO|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, Ford and Lincoln Mercury franchises|
Kehoe has been the owner and operator of Ford and Lincoln Mercury franchises since 1992. He has also worked as a manager at Osage Industries and a sales manager at Dave Sinclair Ford.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kehoe served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kehoe served on these committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce, Consumer Protection, Energy and the Environment|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
|• Joint Committee on Corrections|
|• Joint Committee on Transportation Oversight|
Kehoe is the sponsor of legislation that will speed up the process of building a second nuclear power plant in Missouri. The plant could take more than a decade to build.
The bill would allow a coalition of power companies, involved in an effort to obtain an early site permit from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, to recoup nuclear permit costs through rate hikes. Permit costs are estimated at around $40 million.
“Building a nuclear facility is a process, and it does take quite a while,” said Kehoe. “That’s why I feel it’s really important to talk about it today because we’re talking about supplying base-load power for people in 2020, maybe 2022, and our aging coal fired plants need to be addressed."
Kehoe noted that even if the permit is granted to build the plant in the next couple of years, a new plant may take 10 years or more to be constructed and brought online.
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2010
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mike Kehoe Auto Group||$63,165|
|Missouri Automobile Dealers Association||$15,000|
|C Bar K LLC||$14,300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Kehoe + Missouri + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Transportation Sales Tax Dies in Missouri Senate - OzarksFirst.com
- Missouri $8 billion transportation tax bill derailed - Land Line Magazine
- Our Opinion: Missourians escape added fees, taxes - Jefferson City News Tribune
- Missouri Sales Tax Increase for Transportation Stalls in Senate - KMOX.com
- Lobbyist profile: Steve Tilley - The Missouri Times
- Tax credit bill fails on Mo. session's final day - The Daily Statesman
- Sales tax for transportation stalls in Missouri Senate - Quincy Herald Whig
- ISRS legislation stalls in Senate - The Missouri Times
- Transportation tax receives 100 votes in the House but Senate filibuster - The Missouri Times
- Missouri transportation sales tax increase blocked in Senate - St. Louis Business Journal (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Kehoe and his wife, Claudia, have four children.
- Campaign site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Facebook profile
- List of candidates certified for the August 3, 2010 primary in Missouri
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|Missouri State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|