|Board member, Waterloo Community Schools, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 10, 2013|
|First elected||September, 2006|
|Next general||September, 2017|
|Appointed by||Waterloo School Board|
Mike Kindschi ran unopposed to keep his District 1 seat in the general election on September 10, 2013.
|Waterloo Community Schools, District 1 General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Mike Kindschi Incumbent||98.2%||111|
|Source: Andrew Wind, WCFCourier.com, "Old, new faces will grace Black Hawk County school boards," September 11, 2013|
No campaign donations or expenditures for Mike Kindschi were reported to the Iowa Secretary of State.
Mike Kindschi did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
About the district
Waterloo lags behind the rest of Iowa in regard to higher education achievement, median income, and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 18.5% of Waterloo residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 24.9% rate for the entire state. Waterloo had a median household income of $40,238 in 2010 compared to $50,451 for all of Iowa. The poverty rate for Waterloo was 18.9% in 2010 compared to an 11.9% rate for the rest of the state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Kindschi + Waterloo + Community + School"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Andrew Wind, WCFCourier.com, "New Waterloo school board member to be appointed," June 10, 2012
- "Iowa Ethics & Campaign Disclosure Board," "IECDB State/Local Campaign Disclosure Reports," accessed September 9, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Waterloo," accessed July 30, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Election Results," accessed July 30, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014