|U.S. House, Washington, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 5, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Lapointe is a member of Occupy Everett. He previously worked in a non-profit and is a former labor union organizer.
According to his website, Lapointe's campaign platform included the following issues:
- End wars and bring the troops home
- Overhaul regulations on small businesses
Lapointe is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 2nd District. The primary election takes place August 5, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Lapointe ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 2nd District. He ran as a member of the 99% Party and faced incumbent Rick Larsen (D), Dan Matthews (R), John C. W. Shoop (R), Eli Olson (R), and Glen Johnson (I) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters were on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Lapointe + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Washington's 2nd Congressional District
- Washington.gov, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 19, 2014
- The (Everett) Weekly Herald, "Two surprise candidates for Congress," May 15, 2012
- Mike Lapointe campaign website, "The Issues," accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," accessed May 17, 2012
- Associated Press, "Primary Results"