Michael McDonald (Connecticut)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Connecticut Secretary of State|
|Former candidate, U.S. House, Connecticut, District 1|
|High school||Windsor High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Connecticut (1999)|
|Date of birth||June 8, 1977|
|Place of birth||Hartford, Connecticut|
|Profession||Executive Vice President of security company|
McDonald works as a Security Company Executive. He is a former town councilor and school board member for the town of Windsor, Connecticut.
McDonald was born in Hartford, Connecticut, and raised in the town of Windsor. He attended public schools through his 1995 high school graduation. He went on to earn a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Connecticut.
McDonald began working as a security officer immediately after high school like his father did. By 2001, he was promoted to Director of National Services for a National Security Firm. He later served as Vice President/Regional Director for the Northeast, West Coast and National Operations for SOS Security Inc.. After five years, McDonald left SOS Security Inc. to become President and CEO of Paramount Security, Inc., based in Miami.
A summary of McDonald's professional work includes:
- 2001:Director of National Services for a security firm
- 2002: SOS Security, Inc, serving as Regional Manager for the Northeast Division and later as Vice President and Regional Director for Northeast, West Coast and National Operations
- 2007: President and CEO of Paramount Security, Inc.
- October 2011: Returned to SOS Security, Inc as a Senior Vice President.
McDonald's prior offices include:
- 2001-2004: Elected to Windsor Board of Education
- 2005-2014: Elected to the Windsor Town Council
- Windsor Education Foundation, Board Member
- 1995: Windsor High School
- 1999: University of Connecticut, B.A. in political science
McDonald was running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Connecticut's 1st District. McDonald sought the nomination on the Republican ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was June 12, 2012. The primary elections were held on August 14, 2012.
McDonald and his wife Kelli have two kids, and dog, Tessa.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Michael + McDonald + Connecticut + Secretary + of + state"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michael McDonald for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed May 8, 2014
- Michael McDonald for Secretary of State 2014 Official campaign website, "About," accessed May 8, 2014
- Mike McDonald for Congress, "About Mike McDonald" accessed February 15, 2012
- Windsor Patch, "McDonald to Run for Congress" accessed February 13, 2012
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |