|Illinois State Senate District 48|
|2009 - present|
|Member, Decatur City Council|
|2003 - 2009|
McElroy's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Reforming State Government
- Excerpt: "We have seen ten years of budget deficits, job losses, financial hardship, waste, abuse, and political corruption. Our state government’s total annual budget is more than fifty billion dollars."
- Bringing Jobs Back to Illinois
- Excerpt: "We must remove roadblocks to growth. Excessive regulation, fees, and taxes choke businesses and kill jobs. To be competitive with our neighboring states and the world we must reform workers’ compensation and pass laws that protect businesses from frivolous lawsuits."
- Restoring Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I am adamantly opposed to raising taxes on families and businesses that have already tightened their belts. It is time for the government to tighten its own belt. I will fight to reduce government spending."
- Protecting the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "The Second Amendment recognizes your individual right to keep and bear arms and it should be protected. I will vote accordingly. I support concealed carry and think Illinois should join the other 49 states and make it the law of the land."
- Protecting the Rights of the Unborn
- Excerpt: "The Right to Life is part of our nation’s Declaration of Independence. I believe that life begins at conception, and I will support legislation that protects the unborn and the life of the mother."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
McElroy ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 48. McElroy was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Andy Manar (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 48, General Election, 2012|
McElroy has a wife, Lynn, and one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + McElroy + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Mike McElroy, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- ↑ The State Journal-Register, "Last-minute money floods into Manar-McElroy state Senate race," November 1, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Mike McElroy," accessed October 21, 2012