Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 13|
|January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2010|
|Bachelor's||New York University,|
|J.D.||New York Law School|
|Birthday||September 12, 1957|
|Place of birth||New York City, New York|
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, McMahon has voted with the House Democratic leadership 91.6% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 90.8% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post from July 23, 2010, concluded that he votes 92.2% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
McMahon supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42% of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19% believed it would help. 15% said that the bill would have no impact.
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- ↑ A Line of Sight, July 2010
- ↑ The Washington Post analysis
- ↑ US House Clerk "Roll Call 46," January 28, 2009
- ↑ Rasmussen "38% Say Stimulus Plan Helped Economy, 36% Say It Hurt," August 24, 2010
- ↑ US House Clerk "Roll Call 314," June 9, 2009
- ↑ Rasmussen "54% Oppose “Cash for Clunkers” Plan To Spur Purchase of Greener Cars," June 23, 2009
- ↑ US House Clerk "Roll Call 477," June 26, 2009
- ↑ Rasmussen "42% Say Climate Change Bill Will Hurt The Economy," June 30, 2009
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |