|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 59|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Dowagiac Union High School, 1980|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Moroz is a small business owner, having started Bock, Inc. d/b/a Double M Painting Services in 1998. He graduated from Dowagiac Union High School in 1980 and attended Michigan State University. He has been the president of the Underground Railroad Society of Cass County.
Moroz's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Public education has been the backbone of American society. We entrust teachers with our children on a daily basis, making them some of the most important people among us. I remember a time when Michigan had the best schools in the country and teachers were heroes. We need effective teacher evaluations which will lead to great teaching skills not just label teachers. Teachers also need adequate resources and manageable class sizes to maximize their effectiveness in the classroom. Our students deserve a well rounded curriculum emphasizing science, math, social studies, the arts, and extracurricular opportunities. Our students also need fair, high quality testing and not be subjected to high stakes, punitive testing. Our schools themselves, the brick and mortar, need to be updated with the latest technologies and made safe. And these schools need to be staffed by consistent, qualified staffers and not outsourced by low wage outsiders. I support adequate funding which allows a fair and evenly balanced public school system all across Michigan, regardless of socio-economic circumstances. And I support increased funding for universal early childhood education and special education. Finally, I am opposed to ‘profitizing’ our education system through private charter and voucher schools. The resources going into for-profit education contractors should be going to support and improve our public education system.
FINANCIAL EMERGENCY MANAGER
RIGHT TO FARM
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mike Moroz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Aaron Miller defeated John Bippus, Roger Rathburn and Bob Sills in the Republican primary. Miller defeated Moroz in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59 Republican Primary, 2014|
Moroz ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 59. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Matt Lori (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matt Lori Incumbent||62.3%||22,510|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + Moroz + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 59
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Vote411, "Michigan House District 059," accessed August 3, 2012 (dead link)
- Mike Moroz for State Representative, "Issues," accessed October 13, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |