Mike Petersen (Kansas)
|Kansas State Senate District 28|
|2005 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Petersen served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation, Chair|
|• Assessment and Taxation|
|• Organization, Calendar and Rules|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Petersen served on these committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Environmental Policy|
|• Ethics and Elections|
|• Information Technology, Vice-chair|
|• Utilities, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Petersen served on these committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Utilities, Vice-chair|
|• Information Technology|
|• Local Government|
Sen. Petersen does not have a website where he posts his issue positions.
Legislation sponsored by Sen. Petersen includes:
- A resolution regarding the right to bear arms
- An amendment to have supreme court justices' appointments subject to consent of the senate.
- A resolution to create a budget stabilization fund
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Petersen won election in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 28. Petersen ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Keith Humphrey (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mike Petersen Incumbent||52.7%||9,853|
On November 4, 2008, Petersen was re-elected to the 28th District Seat in the Kansas State Senate, defeating Shala Perez (D).  Petersen raised $93,577 for his campaign, while Perez raised $54,603. 
|Kansas State Senate, District 28 (2008)|
|Mike Petersen (R)||9,408||54.1%|
|Shala Perez (D)||7,957||45.8%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008 Petersen collected $93,577 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee||$16,800|
|4th District Republican Central Committee||$2,500|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce and Industry||$2,000|
|Kansas Credit Union Association||$2,000|
Kansas Economic Freedom Index
The Kansas Economic Freedom Index is a project of Bob Weeks, creator of the blog Voice For Liberty in Wichita. The purpose of the Index "is to identify Kansas legislators who vote in favor of economic freedom — and those who don’t." Legislators receive a rating from 0-100 percent based on their votes on bills promoting economic freedom.
Mike Petersen received a rating of 80% on the 2010 Kansas Economic Freedom Index.
Petersen has a wife, Shelby.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mike + Petersen + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kansas State Senate Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 1996, 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008
- ↑ Legislation
- ↑ Bill 1611
- ↑ Bill 1612
- ↑ Bill 1614
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Kansas General Election Results," accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas State Senate, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Mike Petersen 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Kansas Economic Freedom Index, "Homepage," accessed January 13, 2012
- ↑ Kansas Economic Freedom Index, "2010 Kansas Economic Freedom Index," May 18, 2010
- ↑ Biography from Project Vote Smart
Paul Feleciano Jr.
|Kansas State Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|