Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 42|
On his 2012 campaign site, Peterson outlines his campaign themes:
- Energy: "North Dakota’s vast energy resources need to flourish with proper leadership and without interference from the Environmental Protection Agency."
- State Sovereignty: "The state needs to be protected from invasive federal mandates such as Obamacare."
- Spending: "In order to maintain our state’s trajectory towards prosperity, we need strong fiscal conservatives in office."
- Pro Life: "In a Constitutional society, free will is honored, so long as one individual does not harm another. Abortion is just this; Mike will stand firmly for life at all stages if elected."
Peterson ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 42. Peterson was defeated by John Mitzel and Josh Schreiner in the Republican primary on June 12. Kylie Oversen and incumbent Corey Mock ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 42 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Peterson + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |