|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 44|
|Profession||President, United Auto Workers Local 95|
Sheridan has served as President of United Auto Workers Local 95, and worked as an auto assembly worker at General Motors-Janesville Assembly for over 30 years.
He is a member of the Boy Scouts of America, Labor Council for Latin American Advancement, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, and the Rock County Labor Coalition.
- Rules Committee
- Assembly Organization Committee (Chair)
- Committee of Conference on Assembly Bill 75 (Co-Chair)
- Employment Relations Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature (Co-Chair)
- Legislative Organization Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature (Co-Chair)
- Joint Legislative Council Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature
- Special Committee on Domestic Biofuels
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Janis Ringhand defeated Austin Scieszinski and Mike Sheridan in the Democratic primary. Brian Fitzgerald ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Ringhand defeated Fitzgerald in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 15 General Election, 2014|
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Sheridan was defeated in his bid for re-election to Wisconsin State Assembly District 44. He was defeated by Republican Joe Knilans in the general election on November 2, 2010. Sheridan was unopposed in the September 14, 2010, primary election.
| Wisconsin State Assembly, District 44
Democratic primary (2010)
|Michael J. Sheridan (D)||1,948||99.54%|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-14 Traveling sales crews: regulations created; exceptions and penalty provisions
- AB-255 Federal economic stimulus funds allocation provisions re ARRA
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
Rep. Sheridan on UPFRONT With Mike Gousha
The top five donors to Sheridan's 2008 campaign were all individuals:
|Ziegelbauer, Gary J||$1,000|
|Bysted, Steven R||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mike + Sheridan + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Senate
- Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
- Representative Sheridan's campaign
- Representative Sheridan's website
- Official website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Mike Sheridan
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2004
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign profile
- Representative Sheridan's Freedom Speaks profile
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Sheridan
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 44
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |