|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 28, 2014|
VanDeWalle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Reject State Income Tax
- Excerpt: "As your state representative, Dr. VanDeWalle will never establish a state income tax."
- Excerpt: "As our State Representative, Dr. VanDeWalle will make sure Texas remains the job creating capital of America."
Solve Texas Healthcare
- Excerpt: "Dr. VanDeWalle will always protect our health and small businesses."
Defend Life And Liberty
- Excerpt: "Dr. VanDeWalle will stand up to any government attempt to restrict the personal liberties detailed in the Constitution. This means upholding the entire Bill of Rights at all costs. "
- Excerpt: "Dr. VanDeWalle is focused on providing the best environment for student learning. He believes we must focus on hiring and rewarding the best teachers, and empowering parents and schools with more local control and the flexibility to make the best decisions."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Celia Israel was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mike VanDeWalle was unopposed in the Republican primary. David Dreesen was running as a Libertarian candidate. Israel defeated VanDeWalle and Dreesen in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Celia Israel Incumbent||58.7%||22,690|
A special election for the position of Texas House of Representatives District 50 was called for November 5, 2013, with a runoff if necessary on January 28, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was September 4, 2013.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Runoff Election, 2014|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 50, Special Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mike + VanDeWalle + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- drmikefortexas.com, "Issues," accessed February 21, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- sos.state.tx.us, "Candidates for House of Representatives, District 50 Special Election," accessed September 6, 2013
- team1.sos.state.tx.us, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013 (timed out)
- Texas Tribune, "Israel Defeats VanDeWalle in HD-50 Runoff," January 28, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed February 21, 2014
- texastribune.org, "Special Election to Replace Strama Set for Nov. 5," July 11, 2013
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |