Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board Member, West Ada Board of Trustees, Zone 2|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 17, 2011|
|Next general||May 19, 2015|
Three of the five seats on the West Ada Board of Trustees are up for election in the general election on May 19, 2015. There is no primary election. The seats represent five geographical zones.
In Zone 2, incumbent Mike Vuittonet faces challenger Christine Bitler Whited. Zone 4 incumbent Anne Ritter faces challenger Julie Madsen. The Zone 5 incumbent, Janet Calinsky, did not file for re-election. The candidates for the open Zone 5 seat are Gregory Deitchler, Rosemary Demond, Russell Joki and Louis Pifher.
Campaign finance information was not available for this election as of April 13, 2015.
Vuittonet received no official endorsements for his campaign as of April 13, 2015.
Vuittonet ran in the election in 2012 for Idaho House of Representatives District 21B. He lost against Charles Hoffman, Lori Shewmaker and Tom Dayley in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012. Erin Zaleski ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives District 21B Republican Primary, 2012|
|Thomas E. "Tom" Dayley||34.3%||1,052|
|Charles D. Hoffman||20.2%||618|
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2010
Vuittonet was a Republican candidate for District 20 in the Idaho State Senate in the state legislative elections held on November 2, 2010. Vuittonet was defeated by incumbent Shirley McKague in the Republican primary on May 25, 2010.
About the district
- See also: West Ada School District, Idaho
Ada County outperformed the rest of Idaho in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 36.0 percent of county residents age 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 25.1 percent for Idaho as a whole. The median household income in the county was $55,210 compared to $46,767 for the state of Idaho. The poverty rate in Ada County was 13.1 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "Mike Vuittonet West Ada School District."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- Ada County, Idaho, "May 19, 2015 Consolidated Election," accessed May 27, 2015
- West Ada School District, "West Ada School District Board of Trustees," accessed February 25, 2015
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- United States Census Bureau, "Ada County, Idaho," accessed July 9, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "Meridian Joint School District," accessed February 25, 2015
- Ada County, "Election Results," accessed July 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2015 West Ada School District Elections|
|Ada County, Idaho|
|Election date:||May 19, 2015|
|Candidates:||Zone 2: • Incumbent, Mike Vuittonet • Christine Bitler Whited|
Zone 5: • Gregory Deitchler • Rosemary Demond • Russell Joki • Louis Pifher
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|