|New Jersey General Assembly District 27|
|2007 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Master's||Lienhard School of Nursing at Pace University|
Jasey earned her Bachelor of Arts in history from Barnard College and her Master of Science in nursing from the Lienhard School of Nursing at Pace University. Prior to her election to the Assembly, Jasey served as a member of the South Orange-Maplewood Board of Education from 1999-2007.
- Joint Committee on Public Schools
- Joint Committee on Housing Affordability
- Housing and Local Government (Vice-Chair)
- A818 Enacts the "Civil Marriage and Religious Protection Act."
- A2978 Enacts the "Freedom of Religion and Equality in Civil Marriage Act."
- A3506 "Mortgage Stabilization and Relief Act;" creates Mortgage Stabilization Program and Housing Assistance and Recovery Program; imposes additional requirements on lender foreclosing mortgage; appropriates $40 million from "Long Term Obligation and Capital Expenditure Fund."
- A4061 Permits the conversion of nonpublic schools into charter schools.
Jasey's official campaign website lists five major campaign themes:
- Health Care
- Affordable Housing
- Marriage Equality
Jasey is running in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 27. Jasey is bracketed with John F. McKeon. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Angelo Tedesco (R) and Laura M. Ali (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Jasey won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent John McKeon were bracketed together and defeated Ellen Steinberg in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Lee Holtzman and Nicole Hagner in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Seventh Legislative District (2009)|
|John F. McKeon (D)||33,013|
|Mila M. Jasey (D)||30,399|
|Mark Meyerowitz (R)||18,841|
|Barry Funt (R)||18,409|
In 2011, Jasey received $176,223 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mila Jasey's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Education Association||$16,400|
|Election Fund Of Joseph Cryan||$8,200|
|International Longshoremens Association||$8,200|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|New Jersey Apartment Association||$2,750|
|Total Raised in 2011||$176,223|
|Total Votes received in 2011||22,757|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.74|
Below are Jasey's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Election Fund Of John F Kckeon For State Assembly||$8,200|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$4,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,000|
|Bell, Patricia A||$2,300|
Jasey was endorsed by:
Jasey and her husband, Neil, have three adult children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mila + Jasey + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Democratic Measure to Boost Funding for Women's Health Care Advanced by ... - ParamusPost.com
- Benson, Diegnan, O'Donnell, Jimenez, Jasey, Albano & Caride Bill to Codify ... - PolitickerNJ
- Assembly hopefuls Tedesco, Ali see redistricted 27th as an opportunity for GOP - NJ.com
- Madison councilman, running-mate win GOP primary - New Jersey Hills
- It's Zuckerman, Michaelowski in Florham Park GOP Council contest - New Jersey Hills
- West Essex Area Election Returns - TheAlternativePress.com (press release) (blog)
- Today is Primary day - get out and vote - New Jersey Hills
- Platt wins in landslide in Harding Township GOP primary - New Jersey Hills
- NJ-Uncontested - San Francisco Chronicle
- Ritter, Gallop elected in Chatham Township Committee contest - New Jersey Hills
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- New Jersey Assembly - Hon. Mila Jasey
- Mila Jasey official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assemblywoman Jasey
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Jasey
- ↑ New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- ↑ "Mila Jasey official campaign website", Accessed May 9, 2013
- ↑ Essex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ Morris County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- ↑ Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- ↑ Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey General Assembly District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |
Open Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |