For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Holmes was disqualified from the race on June 17, 2014, after the board of elections determined that Holmes did not live in the district.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Mike Woodard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Milton Holmes defeated Herman Joubert in the Republican primary. Holmes was disqualified from the race on June 17, 2014, after the board of elections determined that Holmes did not live in the district. Woodard defeated Joubert in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Mike Woodard Incumbent||67.1%||47,978|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
Holmes ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 22. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8 and was defeated by Mike Woodard (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 22, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Milton + Holmes + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 22
- The Herald Sun, "Holmes makes GOP bid in Senate District 22," accessed September 14, 2012 (dead link)
- Caswell Messenger, "BOE disqualifies Holmes from Senate race," June 17, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 9, 2012