Minnesota Term Limits Amendment (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Text of measure
The ballot language that voters would have seen reads as follows:
"Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to place limits on the number of terms of office of state legislators?"
Elections before 2012 must be disregarded in determining the limits imposed by the amendment.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Minnesota Constitution
In order to refer proposed amendments to the ballot they must be agreed on by a majority of the members of each chamber of the Minnesota State Legislature. The 2012 legislative session ended before the measure was passed on to the ballot.
- Minnesota Legislature, "Senate File 12 (2011)" (Lines 1.2 to 1.3)
- Minnesota Legislature, "Status of SF 12 (87th Legislative Session)"
- Minnesota Legislature, "Senate File 12 (2011)" (Lines 1.16 to 1.23)
- Minnesota Legislature, "Senate File 12 (2011)" (Lines 1.6 to 1.7)