|Georgia State Senate, District 26|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Georgia State Senate District 26|
|August 22, 2011 - 2013|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent David E. Lucas, Sr. (D) will face Miriam L. Paris in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Paris ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 26. Paris and David E. Lucas, Sr. defeated Irvin Martinez in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. Paris and Lucas faced each other in the runoff primary election on August 21, 2012. The runoff election between Paris and David E. Lucas, Sr. initially remained too close to call. Paris eventually conceded the race to Lucas. Bobby Gale ran unopposed in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia State Senate, District 26 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David E. Lucas, Sr.||49.2%||12,589|
Paris and David Lucas, Sr. (D) received the most votes in the nonpartisan special election primary for Senate District 26 and proceeded to a runoff election on August 16, 2011. Republican Bobby Gale was eliminated in the primary. Ultimately, Paris defeated Lucas in the runoff by a 12,950-10,220 margin. District 26 covers Twiggs County and portions of Bibb, Houston and Wilkinson Counties.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Miriam + Paris + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
- Georgia State Legislature
- Georgia State Senate District 26
- Macon Examiner, "James Beverly, Anissa Jones qualify for Macon's House District 139 seat," June 20, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- AP Results "State Senate Runoff Election Results" Accessed August 21, 2012
- News Central GA "Miriam Paris Concedes District 26 Race to David Lucas" Accessed August 22, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Macon.com, "Lucas, Paris headed for runoff in state Senate race," July 19, 2011
- Macon.com, "Paris defeats Lucas handily in Senate runoff," August 17, 2011
- Secretary of State News, "Secretary of State Kemp Sets Qualifying Dates for the Special Elections in State Senate District 26 and State House District 139," June 10, 2011
Robert Brown, Georgia Senator
|Georgia State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|
David E. Lucas (D)