The Mississippians for Fair Redistricting
(MFR) is a nonpartisan organization advocating for redistricting reform in Mississippi
. It was announced on February 2, 2011.
MFR advocates for 5 principles in the redistricting process:
- No Split Precints - As few split precincts as possible with zero split precincts being the goal.
- Compact - Geographically compact districts.
- Communities Intact - Keeping communities of interest intact and recognizing population shifts.
- Voting Rights Act - Adhering to the Voting Rights Act; One person, One vote.
- History - Respecting historical boundaries.
- Jim Herring, Chairman - Former Chairman of the Mississippi Republican Party
- Cory Wilson, Executive Director
- Joe Nosef - Former Chief of Staff for Lt. Governor Phil Bryant
- Jeanne Luckey
- ↑ Majority in Mississippi, "Mississippians For Fair Redistricting Forms," February 2, 2011
- ↑ Mississippians for Fair Redistricting, "Homepage," accessed April 8, 2011
- ↑ Jim Herring, "About," accessed April 8, 2011
- ↑ Watkins & Eager, "Bio of Joseph D. Nosef, III," accessed April 8, 2011