Missouri 1920 ballot measures
- Twelve measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two measures were veto referendums.
- One measure was an initiated constitutional amendments.
- Ten of the measures were adopted and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Gov't Salaries||Changes legislative compensation from per diem to salary||
|Issue 2||Local Gov't||Allows cities to amend their charters more easily||
|Issue 3||Local Gov't||Increases city and county debt limits to fund public works||
|Issue 4||Taxes||Allows for special taxes for building and maintaining roads||
|Issue 5||Taxes||Raises tax rates to improve public buildings and improvements||
|Issue 6||Bonds||Creates $60 million worth of bonds to improve roads||
|Issue 7||Utilities||Raises debt limits of certain cities to build and improve water, ice and electric plants||
|Issue 8||Pension||Requires a state tax to pay pensions to the blind||
|Issue 9||Bonds||Issues $1 million in bonds for a fund for soldiers||
|Issue 10||Judciary||Increases number of justices on the Missouri Supreme Court to nine||
|Issue 11||Elections||Allows absentee voting for soldiers||
|Issue 12||Judiciary||Increases number of St. Louis court appeals judges to six||
|VR||Issue 13||Alcohol||Outlines enforcement of prohibition||
|VR||Issue 14||Labor||Creates system of workmen's compensation||
|Issue 15||ConCon||Requires a new constitutional convention||
- List of Missouri ballot measures
- 1920 ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Missouri
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for Missouri
- University of Missouri Institute for Public Policy
- Chillicothe Constitution, "Proposed Amendments to the Constitution of Missouri," October 12,1920
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |