Missouri 1976 ballot measures
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Four of the measures were approved.
- Three of the measures were defeated.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Forests & parks||Deletes limitation on laws granting partial tax relief for forestry lands|
|Amendment 2||Elections||Stops election ballot numbering system recording numbers by voter name|
|Amendment 3||Bonds||Authorizes counties and municipalities to issue utility or airport bonds|
|Amendment 4||Legislature||Allows legislature to rescind administrative rules of agencies|
|Amendment 5||Civil rights||Repeals provision of separate schools for white and colored children|
|Amendment 6||Judiciary||Changes authority and jurisdiction of the courts in Missouri|
|Amendment 7||Education||Provides assistance to students in public and nonpublic schools|
|Amendment 1||Environment||Creates a 1/8 cent sales tax for conservation|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Exempts food and drugs from sales tax|
|CISS||Proposition 1||Utilities||Prohibits charges for electricity to be based on cost of construction|
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |