Missouri Commission on Human Rights Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Text of measure
The proposed ballot text read as follows:
Shall Missouri law regarding the Missouri Commission on Human Rights be amended to:
See also: Fiscal impact statement
According the Missouri secretary of state's fiscal note:
- No or limited estimated costs or savings were expected by local governmental entities. Estimated annual costs to state governmental entities would be at least $89,000 with the total potential annual costs being unknown.
The measure was sponsored by Missourians for Equality.
Path to the ballot
The supporting group had until May 4, 2014 to turn in the required amount of valid signatures. Missouri law states that signatures for initiated state statutes must be obtained from registered voters equal to five percent of the total votes cast in the 2012 governor's election from six of the state's eight congressional districts. This amounts to a minimum of 98,618 valid signatures, depending on which districts signatures are gathered from.
- S 2014-006 (text)
- Missouri Secretary of State,"Ballot measure 2014-006," accessed March 6, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Missouri Secretary of State, Measure 2014-006 (status)
- Ballotpedia.org, "Laws governing the initiative process in Missouri," accessed March 14, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |