Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations
|Missouri Director of Labor & Industrial Relations|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|Length of term:||Serves at the governor's pleasure|
|Authority:||Missouri Constitution, Article IV, Section 49 the Executive Department|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by the governor with the consent of the State Senate|
|Assumed office:||March 2013|
|Other Missouri Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Director • Insurance Director • Natural Resources Director • Labor Director • Public Service Commission|
The director serves as chief administrative officer of the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations. The department is controlled by the Labor Commission, a three-member board appointed by the governor.
Under Article IV, Section 49:
The department of labor and industrial relations shall be in charge of a “Labor and Industrial Relations Commission” consisting of three members appointed by the governor...A member of the commission shall be designated by the governor as the chairman...
The mission statement of the department is "To promote industry and labor and protect the rights and safety of Missouri's workforce."
The department is composed of the following divisions:
- Division of Employment Security
- Division of Workers' Compensation
- Division of Labor Standards
- State Board of Mediation
- Missouri Commission on Human Rights
Article IV, Section 21 of the state Constitution addresses compensation of executive officials:
Under Article IV, Section 21:
The officers named in this article shall receive for their services salaries fixed by law, which shall not be increased or diminished during their terms.
421 East Dunklin Street
Post Office Box 504
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0504
- ↑ Missouri Labor and Industrial Relations Commission, "About," accessed October 1, 2011
- ↑ Office of Missouri Governor, "Gov. Nixon announces Labor Director Rebman as Administrative Law Judge for Kansas City," March 22, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Department of Labor & Industrial Relations, About the Department
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 21, 2011