For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Missouri Lending Charges Limits Initiative (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Text of measure
The official ballot question read as follows:
Shall Missouri law be amended to limit the annual rate of interest, fees, and finance charges for payday, title, installment, and consumer credit loans and prohibit such lenders from using other transactions to avoid the rate limit? 
See also: Fiscal impact statement
According the Missouri secretary of state's fiscal note:
- State and local governmental entities could have annual lost revenue estimated of at least $17 million if the proposal results in significant business closures. Changes in economic activity could offset these potential losses by an unknown amount.
The measure was sponsored by Missourians for Responsible Lending.
Path to the ballot
The supporting group had until May 4, 2014 to turn in the required amount of valid signatures. Missouri law states that signatures for initiated state statutes must be obtained from registered voters equal to five percent of the total votes cast in the 2012 governor's election from six of the state's eight congressional districts. This amounts to a minimum of 98,618 valid signatures, depending on which districts signatures are gathered from.
- Missouri Secretary of State, Measure 2014-018 (status)
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Ballot measure 2014-018," accessed March 11, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Ballotpedia.org, "Laws governing the initiative process in Missouri," accessed March 14, 2014
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |