|Missouri House of Representatives, District 47|
Richards's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Businesses will flourish and entrepreneurs will innovate if we simply allow them to do so. To create more jobs the answer is simple: less government, more liberty."
- Excerpt:"We cannot ask the people of Missouri to pay more of their hard-earned income into government coffers. We need elected officials who are willing to make cuts when necessary."
Government Openness and Accountability
- Excerpt:"Those who serve in government ought to be held to a high standard. Corruption weakens public trust in government and should not be tolerated."
2nd Amendment and Property Rights
- Excerpt:"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The right to security and privacy in one’s home is a basic human right which government is duty-bound to respect."
Economic and Civil Liberties
- Excerpt:"It is the duty of all Constitutional Conservatives to uphold and defend all Ten Amendments, all the time, and for all individuals even when it is not easy nor politically expedient."
Richards ran in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 47. Richards ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by John A. Wright (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mitch + Richards + Missouri + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |