|Washington State Senate, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Said is a family practice, internal medicine, geriatric and preventative doctor.
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 25 districts in the Washington State Senate will take place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Mohammad Said (D) and Representative Judith Warnick (R) were unopposed in the primary. Said and Warnick will face off in the general election.
Said ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 4th District. He sought the nomination as a Democrat and faced incumbent Doc Hastings (R), Mary Baechler (D), and Jamie Wheeler (R) in the August 7 primary. The top two vote-getters, regardless of party, were on the general election ballot. He was defeated in the August 7, 2012, primary.
Republican incumbent Doc Hastings won with almost 68% of the vote in 2010.
As of late July, Hastings had a huge lead in fundraising. Physician Said and tea party activist Wheeler had under $5,000 each, with professional community organizer Baechler just exceeding that in the last reporting period.
On the issues, Hastings hd a record of supporting budget cuts and opposing the Affordable Care Act. Wheeler wanted to defund several major federal agencies. Palestinian-born Said focused on foreign policy issues, wanting a nuclear-free Middle East. Baechler wanted to defend Social Security and Medicare programs.
The district Democratic Party backed Baechler.
|U.S. House, Washington District 4 Open Primary, 2012|
|Doc Hastings (R) Incumbent||59.3%||60,774|
|Mary Baechler (D)||26.5%||27,130|
|Jaime Wheeler (R)||11.3%||11,581|
|Mohammad H. Said (D)||2.9%||2,958|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mohammad + Said + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington State Senate
- Washington State Senate elections, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Mohammad Said website," accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," accessed May 17, 2012
- AP, "Primary Results," August 10, 2012
- The (Lower Columbia) News-Tribune, "Trio of challengers seeks to unseat Doc Hastings," July 22, 2012