|Arizona House of Representatives District 9|
|Bachelor's||University of Denver, 1981|
|Master's||University of Arizona, 1983|
Sidhwa earned her B.A. in Anthropology and Economics from the University of Denver in 1981 and her M.A. in Anthropology from the University of Arizona in 1983.
Sidhwa's campaign website listed the following issues:
- American Values, Individual Decisions
- Excerpt: "ndividuals should have the freedom to decide what is best for them and their families with regards to personal and private choices and decisions. Those include family planning and women's health issues, marriage, and end of life decisions."
- Entrepreneurship: Helping Genuinely Small Businesses Succeed
- Excerpt: "Genuinely small business run by local entrepreneurs -- the independent retailers, auto mechanics, home based business people to name a few -- form a vital part of the economy of our community, and they need help to survive in these difficult economic times."
- Healthcare Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Shortsighted and ill-considered budget cuts have hurt our state's healthcare delivery infrastructure including mental health services. It will be difficult to repair these unless we immediately focus on this issue."
- Security for the Young, the Frail & the Elderly
- Excerpt: "The current legislature has shown a dangerous disregard towards those least able to fend for themselves such as the very young, the ill, the frail, and the severely mentally ill. This is morally unacceptable. It is economically short sighted."
Sidhwa ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 9. He and Victoria Steele defeated Dustin Cox in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. He was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mohur Sarah Sidhwa||31.5%||40,034|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 9 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Sidhwa received endorsements from:
- Arizona Academy of Family Physicians
- Arizona Building and Construction Trades Council
- Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association
- Arizona List
- Arizona Medical Association
- Arizona Multihousing Association
- Arizona Nurses Association
- Arizona Women’s Political Caucus
- Equality Arizona
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Humane Voters of Arizona
- Las Adelitas Arizona
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Organization for Women
- Planned Parenthood Arizona
- Sheet Metal Workers' Association Local 359
- Sierra Club
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mohur + Sidhwa + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.