|New Mexico House of Representatives District 68|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Rio Grande High School|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Youngblood served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations and Finance|
|• Education, Vice-Chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Youngblood served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Enrolling and Engrossing - B|
|• Labor and Human Resources|
|• Voters and Elections|
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Monica Youngblood was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Youngblood ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico House of Representatives District 68. She defeated Max Barnett, Claudette M. Chavez-Hankins and Paul D. Barber in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Incumbent Thomas Garcia (D) did not run for re-election. She defeated Democrat Eloise Gift in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 68, General Election, 2012|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 68 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Claudette M. Chavez-Hankins||20.3%||346|
|Paul D. Barber||7.3%||125|
Comprehensive donor information for Youngblood is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Youngblood raised a total of $68,453 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 28, 2013.
|Monica Youngblood's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State House, District 68||$68,453|
|Grand Total Raised||$68,453|
2012Youngblood won election to the New Mexico State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Youngblood raised a total of $68,453.
|New Mexico State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Monica Youngblood's campaign in 2012|
|Thomas Taylor/Elect Committee Scott Bird||$2,300|
|Associated Builders & Contractors||$2,000|
|House Republican Leadership Committee||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$68,453|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, first session, was in session from January 15 to March 16. In 2014, the 51st New Mexico State Legislature, second session, was in session from January 21 through February 20.
- Animal Protection Voters: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to the state’s wildlife and domesticated animals.
- Conservation Voters New Mexico: 2013-2014 Conservation Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
Youngblood and her husband, Chris Youngblood, have 2 children, Corey (18) and Mariana (15).
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Monica + Youngblood + New Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Monica Youngblood on Facebook
- Monica Youngblood on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Monica Youngblood for State Representative, "About Monica" accessed June 2, 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 13, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Youngblood, Monica," accessed May 28, 2013
- New Mexico Legislature, "Session dates," accessed July 9, 2014
Thomas Garcia (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 68
| Succeeded by|