For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Monroe County, Florida
Monroe County's estimated population in 2009 was 73,165. According to the U.S. Census Bureau's estimates, Monroe County experienced a negative rate of population growth, at -8.1%, since the 2000 Census. Florida, by contrast, experienced population growth at an estimated rate of 16% during the same time period.
Evaluation of website
- Main article: Evaluation of Florida county websites
- The current budget is available, as well as previous budgets, contact information for the budget office, grant management information, and purchasing information.
- Board meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes are all available.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information.
- Building permits are online, zoning information can be found in the municipal code.
- Audits are posted.
- Local tax information is available.
- Information on how to make a public records request is posted.
- Current bids and proposals are posted, but awarded contracts are only shown for a brief period in 2005.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
- Main article: Florida government sector lobbying
Monroe County has reported federal lobbying expenditures since 2000. Most of these do not exceed $10,000 (see table). Monroe County has paid for lobbying services from Cardenas Partners and Tew Cardenas LLP
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
|2008||Less than $10,000|
|2007||Less than $10,000|
|2006||Less than $10,000|
|2005||Less than $10,000|
|2004||Less than $10,000|
|2003||Less than $10,000|
|2002||Less than $10,000|
|2001||Less than $10,000|
|2000||Less than $10,000|
- Official Monroe County Website
- Monroe County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Monroe County Tax Collector
- Monroe County on E-Reference
- Monroe County Sheriff's Office
- Tourism Council For the Florida Keys