Montana 1938 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- All four of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Term limits||Determines terms of office for county officers||
|Amendment 2||Education||Provides for the investment of the public school permanent fund|
|VR||IR-40||Alcohol||Regulates, licenses and authorizes the sale of liquor at retail establishments|
|CISS||I-41||Transportation||Authorizes the issuance of debentures for the state highway fund|
- Montana Secretary of State
- I&R Institute History of Montana Initiatives
- Introduced Constitutional Amendments 1889-1969
- Constitutional Amendments 1889-1971
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |