Montana 2010 ballot measures
- One of the measures was an automatic ballot referral.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
- The earliest date to begin the process of circulating petitions for signatures for 2010 ballot issues was June 18, 2009.
- The earliest date to submit signed ballot issue petitions to county election administrators to qualify for the 2010 ballot was October 16, 2009, except for signatures for veto referendum ballot issues.
- Signatures had to have been filed by June 18, 2010, to county clerks' offices.
- The deadline for county clerks to submit signatures was on July 16, 2010.
- The required amount of signatures for a state statute was 24,337.
- The required number of signatures for constitutional amendments was 48,673.
- Only a total of eleven initiatives were approved for circulation for petition signatures in advance of the signature deadline. One initiative withdrew from circulation.
On the ballot
|ABR||CC-2||Con convention||Asks voters whether or not to have a constitutional convention|
|CI-105||Taxes||Prohibits any new tax on the sale or transfer of real property.|
|CISS||I-161||Hunting||Changes how hunter access programs are funded.|
|CISS||I-164||Business reg||Caps yearly interest rates of payday and title loans at 36 percent.|
Not on the ballot
The following measures did not appear on any 2010 ballot:
|CISS||Commercial Trapping Amendment||Animal rights||Prohibit commercial trapping of animals on public lands|
|Trust Fund Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Establish and fund the Older Montanans Trust Fund|
|CISS||Eminent Domain Reform Amendment||Eminent domain||Reform laws in Montana governing eminent domain|
|Juries Right to Judge Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Give juries the right to judge law|
|Citizen Grand Juries Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Allows citizens to convene grand juries|
|CISS||Marijuana Repeal||Marijuana||Would repeal the Montana Medical Marijuana Act|
|Property Tax Limit Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Limit annual property tax increases|
|Drug Treatment Proposal||Alcohol||Revenue from alcohol sales taxes to fund alcohol treatment programs|
|Boundary Amendment||Admin. of gov't||Would reinstate boundaries from Montana's original constitution|
|Life Begins at Conception Initiative||Abortion||Define life as beginning at conception|
|Irrigation Ditches Amendment||Environment||Irrigation ditches being distinct from natural waterways|
Local ballot measures
- Montana Constitutional Amendments
- Montana Initiative and Referendum
- I&R Institute History of Montana Initiatives
- Three statewide ballot issues go to voters
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |