Montana University System Tax Act, LR-113 (1998)
The act was renewed by voters in 2008.
|LR-113 (University System Tax Act)|
Official results via: The Montana Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
The Legislature submitted this proposal for a vote. State law currently gives the legislature authority to levy up to 6 mills on the taxable value of all real and personal property for the support, maintenance and improvement of the Montana university system. This legislative authority, however, expires in 1999. A statewide university mill levy has been in effect since approval by the electorate in 1920, and since 1948 has stayed constant at six mills. This proposal would continue the authority for the tax levy for ten additional years. The levy would generate revenue of up to $15 million a year beginning in fiscal year 2000 and increase approximately 2% a year for the remaining nine years.
- list of Montana ballot measures
- Montana 1998 ballot measures
- 1998 ballot measures
- Montana University System Tax Act, LR-118 (2008)
- Statutory Initiative and Referendum Issues - The Montana Secretary of State
- National Conference of State Legislatures Ballot Measures Database