Mountain View-Whisman School District parcel tax, Measure C (June 2008)
Measure C imposed a parcel tax for 8 years, depending on the size of parcel, from $127-$1,016.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Santa Clara County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure C: "To continue local school funding, reduce the impact of budget cuts, attract/retain teachers/staff, support students struggling with the basics, maintain textbooks/instructional materials, keep class sizes small, maintain music/art education, keep school libraries open, and fund other educational programs, shall Mountain View Whisman School District extend and increase its expiring tax based on square footage of parcels described in the voter pamphlet, for 8 years with independent oversight, exemptions for seniors and all funds staying locally?"|
- Additional information about Measure C
- Yes on C, from the group Friends of Mountain View-Whisman SD.
- School taxes get push from state cuts
- Measure C still too close to call
- Voters to consider bond, parcel tax measures on June ballot
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found