|New Jersey General Assembly District 21|
|2009 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Deputy Minority Leader|
|Deputy Republican Whip|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Master's||Hunter College, 1983|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Personal
- 8 Additional reading
- 9 Recent news
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
Munoz earned her B.S. in Nursing at Skidmore College and her M.S. as a Clinical Nurse Specialist from Hunter College. Her professional experience includes working as a Healthcare Risk Manager for Continental Insurance Healthcare.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Munoz served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Commerce and Economic Development|
|• Health and Senior Services|
|• Women and Children|
In the 2010-2012 legislative session, Munoz served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Health and Senior Services|
|• Tourism and the Arts|
- A624 Permits municipality to enact ordinance prohibiting sex offenders from living near schools, child care centers or playgrounds.
- A1717 Imposes mandatory minimum terms of imprisonment and forfeiture of pension and retirement benefits for public officers or employees convicted of crimes involving or touching their office or employment.
- A1735 Enacts the "Jessica Lunsford Child Protection Zone Act."
- A1730 Clarifies that permitting sexual abusers to reside with a child constitutes endangering welfare of a child.
Munoz won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 21. Munoz was bracketed with Jon Bramnick. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She and incumbent Jon Bramnick (R) defeated Norman W. Albert (D) and Jill Anne Lazare (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Munoz won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent Jon Bramnick ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary. They then defeated Bruce Bergen, Norman Albert, and Darren Young in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-First Legislative District (2009)|
|Nancy F. Munoz (R)||45,515|
|Jon Bramnick (R)||45,439|
|Bruce Bergen (D)||24,848|
|Norman Albert (D)||24,240|
Comprehensive donor information for Munoz is available dating back to 2009. Based on available campaign finance records, Munoz raised a total of $176,834 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Nancy Munoz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 21||$125,086|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 21||$51,748|
|Grand Total Raised||$176,834|
2011Munoz won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Munoz raised a total of $125,086.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Munoz's campaign in 2011|
|Farrell, Mary R||$3,192|
|Farrell, Michael A J||$2,600|
|Messner, Jenny K||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$125,086|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2009Munoz won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Munoz raised a total of $51,748.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nancy Munoz's campaign in 2009|
|Biondi, Peter J||$5,000|
|Medical Society of New Jersey||$5,000|
|Election Fund of Kevin J Otoole||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$3,000|
|Rice, Lee & Diane||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2009||$51,748|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Munoz lives in Summit, NJ with her five children.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 21," November 1, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 21," October 7, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nancy + Munoz + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- "Nancy Munoz Official Campaign Website," accessed May 9, 2013
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associate Press, "General Election Results, November 4, 2009," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2009 New Jersey Assembly General Election Results,accessed April 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Munoz, Nancy" accessed August 16, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," April 11, 2014(Archived)
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |