Naperville is the fifth largest city in the state of Illinois. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Naperville's population was 141,853. In 2010, Money Magazine voted Naperville as one of the top 100 Best Places to Live in the United States.
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois city websites
|Transparency grading process|
- The budget is published.
- Budgets are archived to 2008.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are published.
- Meetings and agendas are archived for three years.
- Elected officials
- Contact information for elected officials is published.
- Contact information for administrative officials is published.
- Audits are posted and archived to 2006.
- Public records
- Information on Naperville's lobbying memberships and contracts with hired lobbyists are posted.
- None posted yet
The 2011 Naperville budget was $392,222,278.
Naperville received $1,605,503 of federal stimulus money in three grants.
|Grant||Recovery Act JAG||$82,525|
- Salary information for every position in the city government is provided in the Payroll Budget Report.
- The following table displays the top four salaried positions in the Naperville city government:
|Director – Legal, Risk Management & Human Resources||$196,882.74|
|Director – Transportation, Engineering & Development||$181,559.89|
|Deputy City Manager||$195,761.74|
|Chief of Police||$ 188,318.96|
In a city council agenda, procurement of lobbying services was approved in the amount of $60,000.
The main revenue for Naperville is a food and beverage tax (1% tax), gas use tax, hotel use tax, motor fuel tax and real estate transfer tax.
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Official Twitter account
- Naperville on Wikipedia
- Naperville Community Unit School District 203
- Indian Prairie School District 204
- Naperville Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Census Naperville population
- Naperville #54 in Top 100 Places to Live 2010
- Minutes and Agendas
- Elected Officials
- Administrative Officials
- Online Services
- Local tax information
- Labor Contracts
- Public Records
- FOIA request
- 2011 Budget Amount
- Federal Stimulus
- Payroll Budget Report