|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Maryland|
|Master's||University of Maryland|
Eberly's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Real Economic Recovery
- Excerpt: "It is time for initiatives which remove red tape, breaks down bureaucracy, and helps spur real recovery and innovation for Ohio. Time to be bold, strong, and determined."
- Excerpt: "No matter how progressive a tax structure may appear, anything tied to labor and wages will be regressive and harmful to Ohioan workers. This is why we need to step up efforts and time tables for the elimination of all income taxes in the State of Ohio."
Change our View on Education
- Excerpt: "Who can set up an educational policy that leads to the best outcomes? Local school districts and their faculty. Common Core seemed like a noble effort, setting standards for achievement. However, ignoring that there are too many differences, and not allowing for variances in how standards are meet leads to deep issues and an untrusting community for educators. We need to put forward policies that allow for basic standards, allow more parental choice, and limits intrusion of bureacracies in the educational process."
Fair Election Laws
- Excerpt: "We don't need career politicians deciding the rules that favor them, and eliminate competition. If we are to have fair elections, and have our votes matter, we need to have representatives that will stand for changing the laws to allow more participation, not lawmakers seeking laws that favor their interests."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Tim Brown was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Steve Long was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Nathan Eberly ran as a Libertarian candidate. Brown defeated Long and Eberly in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Tim Brown Incumbent||62.8%||21,630|
Eberly ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 3. Eberly was unopposed in the March 6 Libertarian primary election and was defeated by Kelly Wicks (D) and Tim W. Brown (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Tim W. Brown||51.4%||30,834|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nathan + Eberly + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 3
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- Nathan Eberly on Twitter
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |