|Arkansas House of Representatives District 61|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
George has worked as a bank director, poultry & cattle farmer, and teacher.
George did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly (Vice Chair)
- Joint Energy Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Governor's Emergency Fund Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas House
- Subcommittee on Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Labor and Environment
- Subcommittee on Policy Making (Chair)
George's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1642 - "AN ACT FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES - DIVISION OF AGING AND ADULT SERVICES - SENIOR CITIZEN CENTER GRANTS GENERAL IMPROVEMENT APPROPRIATION."
- HB 2155 - "TO ADDRESS THE PRACTICE OF NO CREDIT BAIL BOND FINANCING IN THE STATE OF ARKANSAS."
- HB 2156 - "TO PROVIDE A METHOD FOR THE ASSESSMENT OF THE POULTRY INVENTORY OF AN INTEGRATED POULTRY COMPANY."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
George was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
George raised $19,355 for his campaign.
Below are George's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Chesapeake Operating Inc||$1,000|
|Dustin McDaniels PAC Leadership||$1,000|
|Arkansas West Communications||$1,000|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Nathan George
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|Arkansas House District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |