National Federation of Independent Business
|National Federation of Independent Business|
NFIB's lobbying efforts are focused on the impact of current and proposed legislation on small and independent businesses, and professional practices at all levels of government, but primarily at the federal and state levels.
Dan Danner is the current president and CEO of NFIB. For a full list of national leadership, click here.
Beginning in its earliest history, NFIB's positions were determined by a polling of its membership. Periodic ballots (referred to as Mandates) were mailed to its members who then had an opportunity to vote their opinions on the questions presented. Once the votes were tallied, the majority position became NFIB's position.
The following is a partial list of issues that NFIB has taken a position on. For a complete list, click here
- Government and Regulatory Reform
As of November 2013, NFIB has spent $125,316 on the 2014 election cycle. All of the money has gone to Republican candidates or PACs.
NFIB endorsed all of Arizona's Republican incumbent congressmen, Paul Gosar, Matt Salmon, David Schweikert and Trent Franks. The group said, "We support the candidates who support small business, and Congressmen Gosar, Salmon, Schweikert and Franks have stellar, 100-percent voting records for Main Street this Congress."
NFIB spent a total of $845,793 in the 2012 election cycle: $821,793 for Republican candidates and $24,000 for Democrats. Of the $845,793 spent, $837,793 went to PACs, while only $8,000 went to individuals.
|Top 10 largest National Federation of Independent Business expenditures in 2012|
- Arizona Sales Tax Increase, Proposition 100 (May 2010) (opposed)
- Arizona Health Insurance Reform Amendment, Proposition 106 (2010) (majority opposes)
- Arizona Save Our Secret Ballot Amendment, Proposition 113 (2010) (supported)
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "National + Federation + Independent + Business"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Federation of Independent Business, "About NFIB," accessed November 26, 2013
- National Federation of Independent Business, "Issues," accessed November 26, 2013
- OpenSecrets, "National Fedn of Independent Business, Totals," accessed November 26, 2013
- Sonoran News, "Big endorsement for Four Arizona Congressmen," August 20, 2014
- OpenSecrets, "National Fedn of Independent Business, Recipients," accessed November 26, 2013