Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 25|
|Bachelor's||Indian Military Academy, 1968|
|Associate's||New York Community College, 1979|
|Birthday||November 7, 1947|
|Place of birth||Amritsar, India|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 25th Congressional District
Singh sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 30th Congressional District of California in 2012, but lost in the blanket primary.
Singh's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "We are suffering the worst economy in a generation; perhaps since the Great Depression of the 1930’s. In order to restore our employment rate to its rightful health and rationality to our markets, with neither crazy booms nor devastating busts, the government must act decisively… to STOP fiddling, meddling, threatening and interfering in markets, creating uncertainty, raising the costs and risks of doing business and hiring employees. "
- Support the Troops and their Mission
- Excerpt: "Defend America at home and abroad with constitutional law, firm diplomacy, a strong military and effective intelligence."
- Excerpt: "The socialistic reform plan offered by the Democrats is unnecessary and destructive and won’t work. We can do better, by loosening the chains on voluntary cooperation and the private marketplace, permitting people to buy insurance independent of what state they live in or what job they’re working at the moment."
- Excerpt: "Last year pain at the pump that we all felt was very uncomfortable for most of us and its ripples are being felt through the economy. World oil is or will soon peak and the economics of supply and demand are going to continue to drive the price of oil higher and higher over the foreseeable future."
- See also: California's 25th Congressional District elections, 2014
Singh ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 25th District. Singh was defeated in the blanket primary on June 3, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 25 Primary, 2014
|| Lee Rogers
|| Evan Thomas
|| Troy Castagna
|| David Bruce
|| Michael Mussack
|| Navraj Singh
|Source: California Secretary of State
- See also: California's 30th Congressional District elections, 2012
Singh ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 30th District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Navraj + Singh + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Navraj Singh News Feed
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed June 10, 2012
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012